Homeowners Insurance

For many people, buying a home is the biggest investment that they will ever make. That’s why it makes sense to protect your investment with a comprehensive homeowners plan. We can help you find a plan that allows you to sleep easy in your home.

Our most basic homeowners plans cover:

  • Your home
  • Other buildings or structures on your property
  • Your personal belongings – furniture, clothing, appliances, etc.
  • Additional living expenses
  • Personal liability

Additional coverage options:

  • Replacement cost on contents
  • Identity fraud expense coverage
  • Scheduled jewelry, fine arts and collectibles
  • Water or sump pump backup coverage

What to know about flood insurance before it’s too late – Read the Op Ed by Lynn Vigneault, Vice President of Personal Lines

Would you like more information about homeowners insurance?
Request a Quote

Commonly Asked Questions

What is homeowners insurance?
Homeowners insurance is a form of personal lines insurance. The typical homeowners policy has two main sections:

  1. Covers the property of the insured
  2. Provides personal liability coverage to the insured
What do I need to know when purchasing homeowners insurance?
  1. Get the amount and type of insurance that you need.
  2. Determine the amount of personal property insurance and personal liability coverage that you need.
  3. any additional endorsements you want to add to your policy. For example, do you want the personal property replacement cost endorsement?
What is “actual cash value”?
When “actual cash value” is used in a policy, a policy owner is entitled to the depreciated value of the damaged property.
What is “replacement cost”?
When “replacement cost” coverage is used in a policy, a policy owner is reimbursed an amount necessary to replace the article with one of similar type and quality at current prices.
Where and when is my personal property covered?
Coverage C of a homeowners policy provides named perils coverage. This applies to all your personal property (except property that is specifically excluded).
Should I purchase earthquake coverage?
Direct damages due to earthquakes are not covered under the standard homeowners insurance policy. If you live in an area that is prone to earthquakes, you may want to consider adding an earthquake endorsement to your homeowners insurance policy. This endorsement will cover damages due to earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions and other earth movements.
Should I purchase flood coverage?
If your property lies in a flood plain as determined by US Government Flood Maps. Ask your independent agent about a flood quote.