Dental and Vision Benefits for Your Employees
Oral and vision health are more important than just a smile and a nice pair of glasses. Routine dental and eye exams can also help prevent illnesses and conditions before you even realize there is something wrong. Protect your employees with an additional plan.
Types of Dental Plans:
- Dental health maintenance organization (DHMO) – Coverage is only provided when you visit dentists who are in-network with the insurance plan.
- Dental preferred provider organization (DPPO) – Coverage is provided with in- or out-of-network dental care providers, but you will typically pay less with an in-network dentist.
- Dental indemnity plan – Coverage is provided for any dentist you choose, with no difference in cost.
- Discount dental plan – This type of plan is a common option for reducing dental costs without regular insurance coverage; with this plan, you pay for all your dental care at an agreed-upon discounted rate.
Types of Group Vision Plans:
- Vision Benefits Package: Provides vision care in exchange for an annual premium or membership fee, yearly deductible for each member and copay for services.
- Discount Vision Plan: Provides vision care at a fixed reduced rate after members pay an annual premium or membership fee and deductible.
- You can also offer employees the option to pay for these benefits through a payroll deduction or flexible spending account (FSA).